That's not to downplay the rise in marginal rates. It could cost hundreds of thousands of jobs over the next few years. More universally acknowledged by economists, however, is the economic harm that savings and investment taxes do. In the...
In response to:
I can't argue with you....in 2012, the electorate is appreciably more ignorant than they were in 1937. We've had the benefit of 80 years of failed progressive policies to draw upon, and yet the voters are so ill informed and apathetic....that's what free stuff does to the soul.
President Obama proposed tax hike contains a lot to dislike, but what hasn't gotten much attention is the tax hike on savings and investments. While the marginal income tax rate will rise from 35% to 39.6% for top income-earners and small business owners, the proposed tax hike on capital gains and dividends could cause the most long-term economic damage.
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 38 minutes ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Biofuels producers: No really, this is the year biofuels are going to take off, for serious Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago