That's not to downplay the rise in marginal rates. It could cost hundreds of thousands of jobs over the next few years. More universally acknowledged by economists, however, is the economic harm that savings and investment taxes do. In the...
In response to:
I can't argue with you....in 2012, the electorate is appreciably more ignorant than they were in 1937. We've had the benefit of 80 years of failed progressive policies to draw upon, and yet the voters are so ill informed and apathetic....that's what free stuff does to the soul.
President Obama proposed tax hike contains a lot to dislike, but what hasn't gotten much attention is the tax hike on savings and investments. While the marginal income tax rate will rise from 35% to 39.6% for top income-earners and small business owners, the proposed tax hike on capital gains and dividends could cause the most long-term economic damage.
- International community concerned America violating international law by striking Syria? Noah Rothman 31 mins ago
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 3 hours ago