That's not to downplay the rise in marginal rates. It could cost hundreds of thousands of jobs over the next few years. More universally acknowledged by economists, however, is the economic harm that savings and investment taxes do. In the...
In response to:
Amity Schlaes, econ historian and author of the "Forgotten Man" has recently compared the Obama presidency with FDR. She says we are in a bubble now; too much cheap money floating around as a result of low interest rates and printing money. Just as there was a depression within a depression in 1937, history will repeat itself. Once Obamacare kicks in and taxes increase, the bubble will burst; the stock market will severely contract and unemployment will skyrocket. You liberal trash keep gloating, but retribution day is just around the corner....
President Obama proposed tax hike contains a lot to dislike, but what hasn't gotten much attention is the tax hike on savings and investments. While the marginal income tax rate will rise from 35% to 39.6% for top income-earners and small business owners, the proposed tax hike on capital gains and dividends could cause the most long-term economic damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago