Some economists and legal scholars have suggested that the “platinum coin option” is one way to defuse a crisis if Congress can’t or won’t lift the debt ceiling soon. At least in theory. The U.S. government is, after all, facing a real problem. The Treasury Department will hit its $16.4 trillion borrowing limit by next February at the latest. Unless Congress reaches an agreement to raise that borrowing limit, the government will no longer be able...
In response to:
You should never be fine with any branch exceeding it's limitations. And, the House are the adults in the room. Any president who wants unlimited debt ceiling increases should scare the socks off of any voter with a brain.
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago