Some economists and legal scholars have suggested that the “platinum coin option” is one way to defuse a crisis if Congress can’t or won’t lift the debt ceiling soon. At least in theory. The U.S. government is, after all, facing a real problem. The Treasury Department will hit its $16.4 trillion borrowing limit by next February at the latest. Unless Congress reaches an agreement to raise that borrowing limit, the government will no longer be able...
In response to:
You should never be fine with any branch exceeding it's limitations. And, the House are the adults in the room. Any president who wants unlimited debt ceiling increases should scare the socks off of any voter with a brain.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago