Some economists and legal scholars have suggested that the “platinum coin option” is one way to defuse a crisis if Congress can’t or won’t lift the debt ceiling soon. At least in theory. The U.S. government is, after all, facing a real problem. The Treasury Department will hit its $16.4 trillion borrowing limit by next February at the latest. Unless Congress reaches an agreement to raise that borrowing limit, the government will no longer be able...
In response to:
You should never be fine with any branch exceeding it's limitations. And, the House are the adults in the room. Any president who wants unlimited debt ceiling increases should scare the socks off of any voter with a brain.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 6 hours ago