After a comprehensive immigration bill passed the Senate in June, President Obama says he's "absolutely confident" it can pass the House if put to a vote.
But critics question how many lawmakers have actually read the 1,200-page bill, which they say is packed with hidden pork-barrel spending projects ranging from $1.5 billion for a "Youth Jobs Program" to millions for immigrant support groups that some say have a political agenda.
"Earmarks, special pork deals, and...
Great news everyone. The Gang of 8 "comprehensive" immigration reform package is turning out just like every other gigantic bill the Senate passes: chock full of pork.
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 40 minutes ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Hannity: Bundy’s comments on race are beyond repugnant to me Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Should the GOP push to lower the drinking age to 18? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Harry Reid: I call on Republican leaders to denounce this hateful racist Bundy Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Report: Oregon is about to give up on its ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago