For the past two months we've been hearing from progressives and certain politicians like Chuck Schumer that groups like the NRA and gun owners sit on the "fringe" of American society. Considering there are an estimated 60-90 million gun owners in America, that argument hardly holds water, but that hasn't stopped the media from reporting it. We saw MSNBC's Toure essentially say he thinks law abiding gun owners should be treated like sex offenders after The Journal News published the names, addresses and a detailed map of where gun permit holders living in Westchester County, New York. We've seen CNN...
The Supreme Court says YOU have a right to a handgun and rifle/shotgun! So wrote Justice Antonin Scalia in a majority opinion. This decision did NOT include assault rifles! Every right, even the First Amendment has limits (one can't yell "fire" in a theater) ... SO let's have reasonable limits on the Second Amendment for the good of our whole society! The NRA speaks for the gun industry; the society they are creating for us is the need for every school to be GATED with police protection (we are there now!), then every theater, then every church, then every mall, and so on! What a beautiful America, as 11000 innocent Americans die every year on the blood altar of NRA paranoia! Not much different than the Aztecs!
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago