For the past two months we've been hearing from progressives and certain politicians like Chuck Schumer that groups like the NRA and gun owners sit on the "fringe" of American society. Considering there are an estimated 60-90 million gun owners in America, that argument hardly holds water, but that hasn't stopped the media from reporting it. We saw MSNBC's Toure essentially say he thinks law abiding gun owners should be treated like sex offenders after The Journal News published the names, addresses and a detailed map of where gun permit holders living in Westchester County, New York. We've seen CNN...
The Supreme Court says YOU have a right to a handgun and rifle/shotgun! So wrote Justice Antonin Scalia in a majority opinion. This decision did NOT include assault rifles! Every right, even the First Amendment has limits (one can't yell "fire" in a theater) ... SO let's have reasonable limits on the Second Amendment for the good of our whole society! The NRA speaks for the gun industry; the society they are creating for us is the need for every school to be GATED with police protection (we are there now!), then every theater, then every church, then every mall, and so on! What a beautiful America, as 11000 innocent Americans die every year on the blood altar of NRA paranoia! Not much different than the Aztecs!
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014