After all of his seemingly endless campaign stops and harsh rhetoric about the rich not paying "their fair share," it turns out that the president’s proposed tax hikes on “the rich” will only raise enough revenue to run the government for about eight days. But that doesn’t really matter, of course, because it’s all about “fairness.” In other words, if Washington lawmakers are serious about reducing the federal deficit -- as they claim to be -- the real solution is that they must stop borrowing and spending money we don’t have. We cannot carry on like this indefinitely:...
The Republican Party used to stand for SOMETHING--fiscal responsibility and a balanced budget! Now we stand for NO TAXCUTS on the top 2%, who already have 50% of the nation's wealth. Democrats have been called TAX AND SPEND. After Bush43, Republicans can now be called TAXCUT AND SPEND! What a principle!!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago