The GOP made a conscious thirty-year choice to build their brand on fear, insecurity, ignorance, religion, division, discredited economic theory, flag-waving, guns and the masterful art of sufficiently inflaming and deceiving people with social issues so that they'll disregard facts, reason and clear evidence that they have been robbed blind by the people they've elected. The diabolical branding worked well for a long time, especially with the advent of a rabid right-wing propaganda radio and television conservative entertainment complex that glorified stupidity, bloviation, thoughtlessness and held nuance, complexity, and modernity in contempt.
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 30 mins ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Stemwinder: Rand Paul rips Obama’s Syria plan, McCain, Kerry, Hillary, interventionists, anti-war hypocrites, you name it Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Congressman: The CIA thinks Obama’s strategy of arming Syrian moderates is “doomed to failure” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Ukrainian President warns joint session of Congress of the ‘new Cold War’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Will Scotland declare independence? Allahpundit 3 hours ago