The GOP made a conscious thirty-year choice to build their brand on fear, insecurity, ignorance, religion, division, discredited economic theory, flag-waving, guns and the masterful art of sufficiently inflaming and deceiving people with social issues so that they'll disregard facts, reason and clear evidence that they have been robbed blind by the people they've elected. The diabolical branding worked well for a long time, especially with the advent of a rabid right-wing propaganda radio and television conservative entertainment complex that glorified stupidity, bloviation, thoughtlessness and held nuance, complexity, and modernity in contempt.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014