The GOP made a conscious thirty-year choice to build their brand on fear, insecurity, ignorance, religion, division, discredited economic theory, flag-waving, guns and the masterful art of sufficiently inflaming and deceiving people with social issues so that they'll disregard facts, reason and clear evidence that they have been robbed blind by the people they've elected. The diabolical branding worked well for a long time, especially with the advent of a rabid right-wing propaganda radio and television conservative entertainment complex that glorified stupidity, bloviation, thoughtlessness and held nuance, complexity, and modernity in contempt.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago