The GOP made a conscious thirty-year choice to build their brand on fear, insecurity, ignorance, religion, division, discredited economic theory, flag-waving, guns and the masterful art of sufficiently inflaming and deceiving people with social issues so that they'll disregard facts, reason and clear evidence that they have been robbed blind by the people they've elected. The diabolical branding worked well for a long time, especially with the advent of a rabid right-wing propaganda radio and television conservative entertainment complex that glorified stupidity, bloviation, thoughtlessness and held nuance, complexity, and modernity in contempt.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 16 minutes ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 54 minutes ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago