Who Is Too Unbalanced to Be Armed?

Henry180 Wrote: Dec 26, 2012 11:16 AM
You can be free or you can be safe. Increase in one decreases the other.

It's Time for Media Control

Henry180 Wrote: Dec 23, 2012 10:26 AM
"Why did he not respect the gun ban in the school? Because he was crazy. (That’s not to say he was stupid. Stupid and crazy, often used interchangeably, are two entirely different things.)" Look at almost all the mass shootings. They were done in "Gun free" zones. These shooters are not stupid. They go where the guns ain't.

Voting is a Right, Not a Duty

Henry180 Wrote: Nov 01, 2012 11:12 AM
Maybe 1 vote rarely makes a difference but 10,000 one votes will. I have my own statement. "You don't vote you don't get to complain" I have voted in every election for 44 years. Not voting is S-T-U-P-I-D and Stupidity is it's own punishment!!!

Football as It Was Meant to Be

Henry180 Wrote: Oct 24, 2012 1:22 PM
I think the interesting thing about this article is not football but the look it gives into our educational system. Of students mentioned in this article almost half come from private schools. . It seems to indicate that a large part of our Ivy League school students don't get their education from our Government schools. I think this is a telling statistic for public versus private education. We see a trend today towards the growth of these private, mostly religious schools and Charter schools. They also generally get the job done cheaper than the government schools (big surprise). Who is resisting this trend, our Teachers Unions who seem more concerned with their jobs than educating our children.
That was then this is now. The world is a different place. It was a fifties morals where married couples on TV sleep in twin beds and we hid under our desks to protect us against the Atom bomb. As a young news photographer I had a chance to speak with Sandy during the 1964 Democratic convention. Of course he knew what was going on but to reveal it, assuming someone would have broadcast it, would of meant the end of his White House access and maybe his job. That ended when Ben Bradlee gave the OK to reveal Watergate and our political innocents started to end. The internet and all type of alternative media have made a difference and I'm not sure all of it is for the best.
Work for me! Just make sure the Teachers union don't complain that they should get more money now that there is more. Start Charter schools and vouchers to really improve education.

Romney and the Rapist

Henry180 Wrote: Aug 28, 2012 6:18 PM
Just shows that even conservatives can write stupid articles!
Who decides who is dangerous. The media and Polosi tells us that the Occupy movement is mostly nonviolent but the Tea Party people are dangerous radicals. It is a slippery slope when what we think becomes a crime. I guess 1984 is coming a bit late.

Wars To End War

Henry180 Wrote: Aug 08, 2012 12:13 PM
John's got this pretty much right again. However he has one problem. McChrystal was a good general but he, John and most of our leaders have one thing wrong. We do not have to do anything to make a new enemy. Every day in many Mosques Moslem religious leaders create them. The radical Islamists do not hate us for what we are doing. They hate us for what we are or rather what we are not, namely Moslem. Not just any Moslems but their kind. I have many friends that are Moslems of all types & sects and they are tell me that they are just as afraid of these radical nut jobs as we are because they are not Moslem enough for them. THEY HATE US, NOT FOR WHAT WE DO BUT WHO WE ARE!

Roberts' Ruling Took Guts

Henry180 Wrote: Jun 30, 2012 12:08 PM
Justice Roberts is either very smart or very lucky. In one decision he has branded Obama a liar, given the GOP a great campaign issue and POed enough voters to reinvigorate the election. I don't limit this to Mitt's campaign. Now, any legislator who voted for Obamacare can be rightfully branded as raising taxes monumentally. At the same time he has given a boost to the argument that the court is non-political. (We all know it isn't but that's another issue.) I'll go with very smart!