I’m getting sick and tired of the Obama administration using children selectively in order to help the president advocate his public policy positions. As I sat and watched his recent press conference, I finally understood his opposition to the Iraq War. It seems he and the late President Hussein are kindred spirits who share more than just a name. They share a sick penchant for using children as human shields in the middle of war. And make no mistake about it; America is currently at war with itself on many different fronts. As I sat and watched Obama surrounded by little...
Mike, I only wish it were true that such letters actually did get written AND make it through to the president. However, unless your readers are used to your brand of satire, a re-wording of actual letters publicly available about gun violence should not be presented in a column like this. Judging from some of the comments, some of your readers did "get it." I would much rather conservative columnists use the truth -- or at least reveal their satire in some way that is obvious. What you have to say is important, so please do not defile the truth with untagged satire. A simple "what if" would have made the same point. As it is, you didn't even change the names of the children.
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 29 mins ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago