I’m getting sick and tired of the Obama administration using children selectively in order to help the president advocate his public policy positions. As I sat and watched his recent press conference, I finally understood his opposition to the Iraq War. It seems he and the late President Hussein are kindred spirits who share more than just a name. They share a sick penchant for using children as human shields in the middle of war. And make no mistake about it; America is currently at war with itself on many different fronts. As I sat and watched Obama surrounded by little...
Mike, I only wish it were true that such letters actually did get written AND make it through to the president. However, unless your readers are used to your brand of satire, a re-wording of actual letters publicly available about gun violence should not be presented in a column like this. Judging from some of the comments, some of your readers did "get it." I would much rather conservative columnists use the truth -- or at least reveal their satire in some way that is obvious. What you have to say is important, so please do not defile the truth with untagged satire. A simple "what if" would have made the same point. As it is, you didn't even change the names of the children.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Hot Air returns to the Vatican Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Rand Paul’s become acceptably hawkish for a prospective GOP nominee, says … John McCain Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- State’s Marie Harf: ISIS couldn’t even have predicted how powerful ISIS would become Noah Rothman 12 hours ago