There has been much ado about the very real possibility of a Romney-Portman GOP ticket, but of course, both Gov. Romney and Sen. Portman suffer the constant slings of arrows of being too "vanilla," "boring," "WASP-y," etcetera, especially from the media-and-entertainment industry -- the other night, Stephen Colbert dubbed the potential pairing as "the bland leading the bland." But, considering the situation in which we've landed ourselves by electing our young, edgy, Barry-from-the-block as celebrity-in-chief... I don't think "lacking charisma" exactly tops many people's lists...
You have to keep a little perspective; the GOP screwed up and voted McCain over Romney in '08, as they did when they voted Ford over Reagan back when. To err is human. We got stuck with Carter then, as we have with Obama now. Like the second time around with Reagan, the GOP finally got it right with Romney. In due time we will begin to get back on track when we vote Romney in along with a Republican-controlled Congress; http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=11&day=06&year=2012&hour=0000&min=00&sec=00&p0=263
- Why not Mike Pence in 2016? Allahpundit 49 minutes ago
- Report: That recent deceleration in healthcare spending? Yeah, that’s probably over Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- New Fox ensemble show to feature Townhall’s Katie Pavlich as contributor Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Surprise: Democrat-aligned groups vastly out-raising conservative counterparts in 2014 Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Obama to faith leaders: I have no plans for an executive amnesty on immigration Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Income-inequality warrior to earn $225,000 per year for doing nothing in particular about income inequality Allahpundit 3 hours ago