There has been much ado about the very real possibility of a Romney-Portman GOP ticket, but of course, both Gov. Romney and Sen. Portman suffer the constant slings of arrows of being too "vanilla," "boring," "WASP-y," etcetera, especially from the media-and-entertainment industry -- the other night, Stephen Colbert dubbed the potential pairing as "the bland leading the bland." But, considering the situation in which we've landed ourselves by electing our young, edgy, Barry-from-the-block as celebrity-in-chief... I don't think "lacking charisma" exactly tops many people's lists...
You have to keep a little perspective; the GOP screwed up and voted McCain over Romney in '08, as they did when they voted Ford over Reagan back when. To err is human. We got stuck with Carter then, as we have with Obama now. Like the second time around with Reagan, the GOP finally got it right with Romney. In due time we will begin to get back on track when we vote Romney in along with a Republican-controlled Congress; http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=11&day=06&year=2012&hour=0000&min=00&sec=00&p0=263
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Issa releases scathing report on Lerner Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama: Health insurance isn’t expensive – just cancel cable and phones; Update: White House responds Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Washington, Europe getting serious about Russia sanctions over Crimea? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago