There has been much ado about the very real possibility of a Romney-Portman GOP ticket, but of course, both Gov. Romney and Sen. Portman suffer the constant slings of arrows of being too "vanilla," "boring," "WASP-y," etcetera, especially from the media-and-entertainment industry -- the other night, Stephen Colbert dubbed the potential pairing as "the bland leading the bland." But, considering the situation in which we've landed ourselves by electing our young, edgy, Barry-from-the-block as celebrity-in-chief... I don't think "lacking charisma" exactly tops many people's lists...
You have to keep a little perspective; the GOP screwed up and voted McCain over Romney in '08, as they did when they voted Ford over Reagan back when. To err is human. We got stuck with Carter then, as we have with Obama now. Like the second time around with Reagan, the GOP finally got it right with Romney. In due time we will begin to get back on track when we vote Romney in along with a Republican-controlled Congress; http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=11&day=06&year=2012&hour=0000&min=00&sec=00&p0=263
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 9 hours ago