There has been much ado about the very real possibility of a Romney-Portman GOP ticket, but of course, both Gov. Romney and Sen. Portman suffer the constant slings of arrows of being too "vanilla," "boring," "WASP-y," etcetera, especially from the media-and-entertainment industry -- the other night, Stephen Colbert dubbed the potential pairing as "the bland leading the bland." But, considering the situation in which we've landed ourselves by electing our young, edgy, Barry-from-the-block as celebrity-in-chief... I don't think "lacking charisma" exactly tops many people's lists...
Ya, it was an doable filling Voinovich's seat when folks were wanting change from him, but memories are short sometimes.
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 28 mins ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago