There has been much ado about the very real possibility of a Romney-Portman GOP ticket, but of course, both Gov. Romney and Sen. Portman suffer the constant slings of arrows of being too "vanilla," "boring," "WASP-y," etcetera, especially from the media-and-entertainment industry -- the other night, Stephen Colbert dubbed the potential pairing as "the bland leading the bland." But, considering the situation in which we've landed ourselves by electing our young, edgy, Barry-from-the-block as celebrity-in-chief... I don't think "lacking charisma" exactly tops many people's lists...
Well, we must speculate; vet them in the public forum now versus wait until one is selected later, then they end up getting vetted in the general when it's too late. We have plenty of time, so we should use it in order to make the best selection in order to help win the White House back.
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago