Attornies for the International Union of Operating Engineers argued in an Indiana Court yesterday that the states right to work laws violate the free speech of unions. Their reasoning? If dues are voluntary, the union could get less money, stifling its ability to pay for political speech. Of course, if everyone who was required to give part of their wages to the union approved of the political message that the union promulgated, then right to work laws wouldn't pose a threat, right?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 5 hours ago