Attornies for the International Union of Operating Engineers argued in an Indiana Court yesterday that the states right to work laws violate the free speech of unions. Their reasoning? If dues are voluntary, the union could get less money, stifling its ability to pay for political speech. Of course, if everyone who was required to give part of their wages to the union approved of the political message that the union promulgated, then right to work laws wouldn't pose a threat, right?
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 53 minutes ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago