Attornies for the International Union of Operating Engineers argued in an Indiana Court yesterday that the states right to work laws violate the free speech of unions. Their reasoning? If dues are voluntary, the union could get less money, stifling its ability to pay for political speech. Of course, if everyone who was required to give part of their wages to the union approved of the political message that the union promulgated, then right to work laws wouldn't pose a threat, right?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago