Attornies for the International Union of Operating Engineers argued in an Indiana Court yesterday that the states right to work laws violate the free speech of unions. Their reasoning? If dues are voluntary, the union could get less money, stifling its ability to pay for political speech. Of course, if everyone who was required to give part of their wages to the union approved of the political message that the union promulgated, then right to work laws wouldn't pose a threat, right?
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 17 mins ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 57 mins ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 3 hours ago