1) They have supreme confidence without supreme competence. Conservative talk show hosts, columnists,...
Teddy "Trust Buster" Roosevelt happened a hundred years ago. When he started the bull Moose" party he assured the election of his opponent.
Just as moderates are completely unrepresented in a Democratic Party that's dominated by liberals, movement conservatives often don't feel represented by the Republican Party. At first glance, this seems rather odd since most Republicans in Congress are conservative. However, it's a natural reaction to the Republican establishment that has its hands welded to many of the GOP's levers of power. The Republican Party may be mostly conservative, but there are a multitude of reasons that you can't trust the establishment Republicans as far as you can throw them.
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 10 mins ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago