Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Age of Enlightenment: NY university offering training for couples on how to break up Jazz Shaw 37 mins ago
- Michele Bachmann must be doing something right if ISIS is after her Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The worst political ad ever? Or the most awesome? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago