Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- John Kerry to Code Pink: If you care about women, you should want to fight ISIS Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: If it was wrong not to protect the Benghazi consulate, it’s wrong not to protect the one in Kurdistan Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago