The perseverance of Thomas Edison, as he tried scores of materials before finally trying tungsten as the filament of the light bulb he was inventing; the dedication of Abraham Lincoln as he studied law on his own while struggling to make a living -- these were...
There was a time, within living memory, when the achievements of others were not only admired but were often taken as an inspiration for imitation of the same qualities that had served these achievers well, even if we were not in the same field of endeavor and were not expecting to achieve on the same scale.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 6 hours ago