Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner made news last week by proposing to transfer the Congressional prerogative to raise the debt ceiling to the President. The change would essentially do away with the meaningless debt ceiling debates that have become ritual kabuki in Washington over the past few generations. Most Republicans have dismissed the proposal as a blatant executive power grab that will significantly weaken both the Congress and the minority party. While this is certainly true, Congress will only lose a power that it has never shown the slightest courage to actually use. But in truth, the proposal has the merit of...
They do know and see that larger clift ahead. Obama wants that to happen to bring about total control . Its happen to other Nations in Histroy but the left think the previous Nations just did not kill off enough nonbelievers to make it work. His buddy even stated that 25 million or more just might have to be killed ,the nonbelievers , to ensure that it will work this time. Kill the rich in order to make the poor happy . They did it in Russia , Cuba ,China etal. Sad the rich left will also be included and they just don't know it (yet).
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 59 mins ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 4 hours ago