We're returning to the cutting edge of the physics that describes how stock prices behave today, as we look backwards and forwards in time to sort out why the U.S. stock market is behaving as it is.
First, let's cover what's going on with the fundamental driver of stock prices: their underlying dividends per share. Our first chart shows what the dividend futures contracts reported by IndexArb indicate that investors are currently expecting to be paid out by S&P 500 companies in 2013:
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago