We're returning to the cutting edge of the physics that describes how stock prices behave today, as we look backwards and forwards in time to sort out why the U.S. stock market is behaving as it is.
First, let's cover what's going on with the fundamental driver of stock prices: their underlying dividends per share. Our first chart shows what the dividend futures contracts reported by IndexArb indicate that investors are currently expecting to be paid out by S&P 500 companies in 2013:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 6 hours ago