We're returning to the cutting edge of the physics that describes how stock prices behave today, as we look backwards and forwards in time to sort out why the U.S. stock market is behaving as it is.
First, let's cover what's going on with the fundamental driver of stock prices: their underlying dividends per share. Our first chart shows what the dividend futures contracts reported by IndexArb indicate that investors are currently expecting to be paid out by S&P 500 companies in 2013:
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 34 mins ago
- Pew survey: “Consistent liberals” most likely to block others on social media for disagreeing with them politically Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Hawaii Democrat backs travel ban, denounces politicization of the issue Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Age of Enlightenment: NY university offering training for couples on how to break up Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Michele Bachmann must be doing something right if ISIS is after her Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago