He slept between the rubbish, They forgot he had a name. Beaten skin glared out through rags, They thought it was a game. They shut their souls to squalor, He presumed they must be blind. They thought he was immortal - They misread all the signs. His heart was weary beating But he slept and still woke up. He lived his life for coffee In polystyrene cups, A knife of ice cut through him For the sky was not his friend. They moaned about the weather Then went home at the end.
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago