“Thousands of teachers and educators will be laid off, tens of thousands of parents will have to deal with finding child care for their children, hundreds of thousands of Americans will lose access to primary care and preventive care like flu vaccinations and cancer screenings,” Obama warned. “Companies are preparing layoff notices, families are preparing to cut back on...
In response to:
"It's absolutely the right time for austerity! " No. There is a better way for those of us who have been paying attention. I'm talking about Quantitative Easing!
President Obama urged the nation's governors to put pressure on congressional Republicans to reach an agreement to avoid big spending cuts due to take effect at the end of the week, during his meeting with the National Governors Association (NGA) Monday.
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 52 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago