For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
We, the Democrats, running Barack Obama, who was (to our delight) the most left-leaning candidate since FDR, and completely out in the open about it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 10 hours ago