After all of his seemingly endless campaign stops and harsh rhetoric about the rich not paying "their fair share," it turns out that the president’s proposed tax hikes on “the rich” will only raise enough revenue to run the government for about eight days. But that doesn’t really matter, of course, because it’s all about “fairness.” In other words, if Washington lawmakers are serious about reducing the federal deficit -- as they claim to be -- the real solution is that they must stop borrowing and spending money we don’t have. We cannot carry on like this indefinitely:...
"So a good outcome is keeping them drinking and using drugs? At least in "abstinence schemes" some people recover. I am proof of that. " The numbers are poor, though. In a wet house, at least the former homeless are not drinking mouthwash, and a good deal of them decrease their consumption as the stress of homelessness recedes.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago