It's time for conservatives to give serious thought to what they believe and how they can make a more persuasive case that conservative principles offer...
How about Republicans actually run a candidate that is a conservative who believes in the Constitution as the basis of legal power for the Federal Government. A candidate who believes in conservative principles and can clearly communicate those principles to both low information and high information voters. Besides chosing RINOs or Progressive/Big Government Republicans, the candidates chosen couldn't explain their way out of a paper bag.
The last year has been a tough one for conservatives. The hope that four years of failed policy would be enough to repudiate the liberal/progressive ideology of the Obama administration ended when the majority of the American public voted to maintain their entitlements -- so long as someone else paid for them. And the conservative response to the debacle has been for the various factions within the movement to declare war on each other.
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago