Another thing worth doing is to tell people that Todd Akin has never raped anybody, unlike former President Clinton who almost certainly raped Juanita Broadrick when he was the attorney general of Arkansas and running for governor of that state. When Clinton was attending Oxford as a Rhodes scholar, he probably raped an English girl, whose accusation was strongly discouraged by the local police to protect the reputation of Oxford University and the Rhodes scholar program. It's very likely Clinton is a multiple rapist, yet he's now portrayed by the democrat party as a defender of women!
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago