On Monday evening Mitt Romney cancelled all campaign events through today and is even holding a distaster relief event in Ohio to help those who were crushed by Hurricane Sandy last night. President Obama also cancelled campaign events and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said on Air Force one that this "wasn't a time for politics" and that people should focus on responding to the storm. But, Hurricane Sandy wasn't going to stop First Lady Michelle Obama from playing politics yesterday. She sent the following email to supporters in North Carolina and Virginia.
From: Michelle Obama
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 58 minutes ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Watch the most infuriating interview on the Israel-Gaza conflict yet Noah Rothman 4 hours ago