Before the September 11th attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi, which left four Americans dead, there were more than 230 security incidents between June 2011 and July 2012. After the October 2011 rebellion that overthrew Qaddafi, which ended his four-decade long authoritarian rule over the country, Libya became a security vacuum -- a problem “much bigger than a few rogue militants" and one that Amb. Stevens discussed in his personal journal found at the site. In it he talked about the security threats in the country - particularly in Benghazi - and the rise of Islamic extremism, the...
"The traitors are Obama, Clinton, et al. Chairman Issa closed the hearing by telling both Eric Nordrstrom and Col. Wood to let him know of ANY retaliation toward them. " Issa is a partisan guttersnipe who belongs in a detention center, not Congress.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 7 hours ago