Obviously, the bar for a security clearance has been lowered somewhat since I got mine. Back in the olden days, drug use, a counterfeit birth certificate, and a history of consorting with Communist Party members and domestic terrorist bombers made one ineligible for the service, much less a "Secret" security clearance. But today one can do all those things and walk around with a briefcase full of nuclear launch codes -- while servicemen salute you. Or even walk into a secured military shipyard with a shotgun and start blasting away at strangers. I guess that's what a Dumbocrat calls "progress" -- affirmative action for subversives and lunatics! FORWARD!
- Hillary’s private intel chief also an illegal lobbyist? Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- An amusing struggle as the press tries to explain why RFRA is different from all those other laws Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- YouGov poll: Heavy majority opposes Obama’s idea of mandatory voting Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: 59% support Iran deal, same percentage not confident it will prevent Iran nuke Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The French fear Obama’s destabilizing shift toward Iran over Saudis, Israelis Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Reid to CNN: Hey, McCarthyism works, huh? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago