Obviously, the bar for a security clearance has been lowered somewhat since I got mine. Back in the olden days, drug use, a counterfeit birth certificate, and a history of consorting with Communist Party members and domestic terrorist bombers made one ineligible for the service, much less a "Secret" security clearance. But today one can do all those things and walk around with a briefcase full of nuclear launch codes -- while servicemen salute you. Or even walk into a secured military shipyard with a shotgun and start blasting away at strangers. I guess that's what a Dumbocrat calls "progress" -- affirmative action for subversives and lunatics! FORWARD!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Breaking: Ray Rice wins appeal, suspension overturned Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Does anyone really want to endorse Obama’s defense policy? Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Open thread: The obligatory “Black Friday brawls” post Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Video: “Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens” trailer Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Feud developing between Capitol Hill Dems & White House? Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago