Obviously, the bar for a security clearance has been lowered somewhat since I got mine. Back in the olden days, drug use, a counterfeit birth certificate, and a history of consorting with Communist Party members and domestic terrorist bombers made one ineligible for the service, much less a "Secret" security clearance. But today one can do all those things and walk around with a briefcase full of nuclear launch codes -- while servicemen salute you. Or even walk into a secured military shipyard with a shotgun and start blasting away at strangers. I guess that's what a Dumbocrat calls "progress" -- affirmative action for subversives and lunatics! FORWARD!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace did to Nazca Lines Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- So, about Obama’s decision to exclude men from asking questions at his presser… Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Obama: No quick end to the Cuba embargo Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- What on earth is Rand Paul thinking in taking Obama’s side against Rubio on Cuba? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- TEMS Special: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show! Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago