Obviously, the bar for a security clearance has been lowered somewhat since I got mine. Back in the olden days, drug use, a counterfeit birth certificate, and a history of consorting with Communist Party members and domestic terrorist bombers made one ineligible for the service, much less a "Secret" security clearance. But today one can do all those things and walk around with a briefcase full of nuclear launch codes -- while servicemen salute you. Or even walk into a secured military shipyard with a shotgun and start blasting away at strangers. I guess that's what a Dumbocrat calls "progress" -- affirmative action for subversives and lunatics! FORWARD!
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Obama declines to endorse Biden for 2016 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Slate’s Dickerson: Obama deceptions might be a deliberate attention-diverting strategy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Report: Jewish residents being forced to “register” by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukrainian city; Update: U.S. ambassador confirms; Update: Hoax? Allahpundit 3 hours ago