Obviously, the bar for a security clearance has been lowered somewhat since I got mine. Back in the olden days, drug use, a counterfeit birth certificate, and a history of consorting with Communist Party members and domestic terrorist bombers made one ineligible for the service, much less a "Secret" security clearance. But today one can do all those things and walk around with a briefcase full of nuclear launch codes -- while servicemen salute you. Or even walk into a secured military shipyard with a shotgun and start blasting away at strangers. I guess that's what a Dumbocrat calls "progress" -- affirmative action for subversives and lunatics! FORWARD!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 51 mins ago
- Newsworthy: WaPo builds cute tool for comparing your home’s size to Mitt Romney’s Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Shameless: Harry Reid now demanding amendment votes he blocked for years Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Is Democratic infighting behind closed doors about to become public? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- GoDaddy feels the sting of politically correct America Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- CBO: 10 million will lose employer-based coverage under ObamaCare by 2021 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago