Obviously, the bar for a security clearance has been lowered somewhat since I got mine. Back in the olden days, drug use, a counterfeit birth certificate, and a history of consorting with Communist Party members and domestic terrorist bombers made one ineligible for the service, much less a "Secret" security clearance. But today one can do all those things and walk around with a briefcase full of nuclear launch codes -- while servicemen salute you. Or even walk into a secured military shipyard with a shotgun and start blasting away at strangers. I guess that's what a Dumbocrat calls "progress" -- affirmative action for subversives and lunatics! FORWARD!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Who’s ready for a Marie Harf grilling over Clinton email scandal? Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Abandon the fantasy. Hillary isn’t going anywhere Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Ben Carson: You know what, I’m done talking about gay rights from now on Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Smelling blood in the water, Biden’s 2016 juggernaut seizes on Clinton’s woes Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Walker: I’ll sign a ban on late-term abortions Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago