Several smart columnists and respected conservative editorial pieces tell us that a major silver lining in the crisis deal just concluded is that by agreeing not to reinstitute the Clinton tax rates (and leave the Bush rates in place) for all but the "wealthy" (income of $400,000 for single filers and $450,000 for marrieds), Obama and the Democrats made a major concession. They argue that if Democrats couldn't do better after...
David, the point you're missing is that after Speaker Bonehead set up that screwy deal on the last debt ceiling hike, we were FORCED to do SOMETHING to prevent the BIGGEST TAX HIKE IN HISTORY on Jan 1. Caesar Obozo had all the cards (thanks to Speaker Bonehead). McConnell managed to pull our chestnuts out the fire at the last minute. I was amazed that he got as good a deal as he did. But the next debt ceiling cliff in NEXT MONTH and now WE have all the cards. THE SITUATION IS REVERSED. We don't need a single Dumbocrat to win that one. We don't even need a bill or even a vote. WE JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!
I hate to break it to those deniers who believe that President Obama's tax-guzzling capacity has somehow been diminished by the fiscal cliff provision to fix "permanent" tax rates. You're dreaming.
NewsBusted! President Obama, ISIS, 9/11, August Jobs Report, NBC News, Syrian Rebels, South Dakota Snow
- Study: Nighty network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 29 mins ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Thousands of American troops headed to Africa to fight… Ebola? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- ObamaCare subsidies funding abortion coverage: GAO Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago