Chapman, can you tell us where you find this clause of yours that says that "STATUTES" are "the supreme law of the land"? Article 6 says that the CONSTITUTION, and "laws made in pursuance thereof" are the "supreme law of the land". That doesn't include unconstitutional edicts of presidents and congress, which both the States and the People are free to ignore, under both the 9th and 10th amendments.
- The time is past for Bill de Blasio to resign. Jazz Shaw 2 mins ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Two NYPD cops executed in Brooklyn, suspect suicides Officers and killer identified Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Movie Review: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Christie may come out on the losing end of the donor fight with Jeb Bush Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago