Chapman, can you tell us where you find this clause of yours that says that "STATUTES" are "the supreme law of the land"? Article 6 says that the CONSTITUTION, and "laws made in pursuance thereof" are the "supreme law of the land". That doesn't include unconstitutional edicts of presidents and congress, which both the States and the People are free to ignore, under both the 9th and 10th amendments.
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago