Chapman, can you tell us where you find this clause of yours that says that "STATUTES" are "the supreme law of the land"? Article 6 says that the CONSTITUTION, and "laws made in pursuance thereof" are the "supreme law of the land". That doesn't include unconstitutional edicts of presidents and congress, which both the States and the People are free to ignore, under both the 9th and 10th amendments.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago