Chapman, can you tell us where you find this clause of yours that says that "STATUTES" are "the supreme law of the land"? Article 6 says that the CONSTITUTION, and "laws made in pursuance thereof" are the "supreme law of the land". That doesn't include unconstitutional edicts of presidents and congress, which both the States and the People are free to ignore, under both the 9th and 10th amendments.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: The Ron Swanson NASCAR ad you’ve always wanted Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Let’s face it, we’re headed for a brokered GOP convention Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Obama caved on 529 taxes because … it hit too many Democrats? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Pew: Sharp racial split on whether it’s okay to publish Mohammed cartoons Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Mike Pence’s experiment in state-run media throttled to death in its crib Noah Rothman 7 hours ago