Chapman, can you tell us where you find this clause of yours that says that "STATUTES" are "the supreme law of the land"? Article 6 says that the CONSTITUTION, and "laws made in pursuance thereof" are the "supreme law of the land". That doesn't include unconstitutional edicts of presidents and congress, which both the States and the People are free to ignore, under both the 9th and 10th amendments.
- Open thread: The obligatory “Black Friday brawls” post Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: “Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens” trailer Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Feud developing between Capitol Hill Dems & White House? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Ferguson and the sad state of American protesting Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Ezra Levant learns about “freedom of speech” in Canada Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- NFL Thanksgiving Day open thread Ed Morrissey Nov 27, 2014