Chapman, can you tell us where you find this clause of yours that says that "STATUTES" are "the supreme law of the land"? Article 6 says that the CONSTITUTION, and "laws made in pursuance thereof" are the "supreme law of the land". That doesn't include unconstitutional edicts of presidents and congress, which both the States and the People are free to ignore, under both the 9th and 10th amendments.
- Video: Adorable little girls to drop F-bombs until violence against women is no more Allahpundit 9 mins ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: After the napalm zombies, there’s nowhere to go but up Allahpundit 49 mins ago
- Burn: Milbank accuses Obama of turning into George W. Bush Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The end of wind welfare approaches Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pivot: China building ‘airstrip capable’ island in disputed waters near Spratly Islands Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- SCOTUS to delve into darkest side of Facebook Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago