Chapman, can you tell us where you find this clause of yours that says that "STATUTES" are "the supreme law of the land"? Article 6 says that the CONSTITUTION, and "laws made in pursuance thereof" are the "supreme law of the land". That doesn't include unconstitutional edicts of presidents and congress, which both the States and the People are free to ignore, under both the 9th and 10th amendments.
- Reports: Clinton email practices violated clear State Dept. rules, Clinton’s own directives Mary Katharine Ham 23 mins ago
- #TBT video: Walter Cronkite warns of an impending ice age Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- John Kerry: Maybe we do need to use military force to oust Assad after all Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Some Dems giving up on trying to spin Hillary’s e-mail fiasco, mumbling “who gives a sh*t?” instead Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama White House trying to reverse GOP takeover of state-level government Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Has Hillary Clinton lost MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago