Chapman, can you tell us where you find this clause of yours that says that "STATUTES" are "the supreme law of the land"? Article 6 says that the CONSTITUTION, and "laws made in pursuance thereof" are the "supreme law of the land". That doesn't include unconstitutional edicts of presidents and congress, which both the States and the People are free to ignore, under both the 9th and 10th amendments.
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago