Chapman, can you tell us where you find this clause of yours that says that "STATUTES" are "the supreme law of the land"? Article 6 says that the CONSTITUTION, and "laws made in pursuance thereof" are the "supreme law of the land". That doesn't include unconstitutional edicts of presidents and congress, which both the States and the People are free to ignore, under both the 9th and 10th amendments.
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 23 minutes ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago