Chapman, can you tell us where you find this clause of yours that says that "STATUTES" are "the supreme law of the land"? Article 6 says that the CONSTITUTION, and "laws made in pursuance thereof" are the "supreme law of the land". That doesn't include unconstitutional edicts of presidents and congress, which both the States and the People are free to ignore, under both the 9th and 10th amendments.
- About that Benghazi report… Jazz Shaw 50 mins ago
- Quotes of the Day Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- WaPo: Guess who had the worst week in Washington? Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- The Democratic Gamble: Party pins all post-Obama hopes on the Rising Electorate Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Gruber syndrome: WH advisor scolds Americans for not appreciating Obama economy enough Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Video: Canadian hockey fans finish Star Spangled Banner after singer’s mic cuts out Guy Benson 16 hours ago