Chapman, can you tell us where you find this clause of yours that says that "STATUTES" are "the supreme law of the land"? Article 6 says that the CONSTITUTION, and "laws made in pursuance thereof" are the "supreme law of the land". That doesn't include unconstitutional edicts of presidents and congress, which both the States and the People are free to ignore, under both the 9th and 10th amendments.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 55 mins ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago