Chapman, can you tell us where you find this clause of yours that says that "STATUTES" are "the supreme law of the land"? Article 6 says that the CONSTITUTION, and "laws made in pursuance thereof" are the "supreme law of the land". That doesn't include unconstitutional edicts of presidents and congress, which both the States and the People are free to ignore, under both the 9th and 10th amendments.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 6 hours ago