As Boorstin explained, the pseudo-event was orchestrated and planned to receive maximum public attention, even if the event itself was really unimportant. Pseudo-events merely look important, because the media and the public agree to act as if they are. As Boorstin explained, the pseudo-event is not something that happens by...
Get your facts straight, Mohler. There is no "default" if the debt ceiling is not raised. That's like saying you're in default if Master Card doesn't raise YOUR credit limit. Spreading nonsense like that merely hands ammunition to the enemy. The debt ceiling is the ONE REAL crises on the table and the only one that the Republicans have control over. So quit helping the Dumbocrats and start using your mig megaphone to get out the word that the sky doesn't fall just because we refuse to accept any more debt. JUST SAY NO and we get a balanced budget IMMEDIATELY and WE DON"T NEED A SINGLE DUMBOCRAT VOTE TO DO IT!
Watching the American scene in the 1960s, historian Daniel Boorstin, invented the idea of the “pseudo-event.” The rise of television and modern mass media had produced a transformation of the news business, so that what now mattered was not if an event was important, but only if it was “newsworthy.”
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 44 minutes ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 4 hours ago