As the legislation moves to the House, conservative groups have begun to take stands, with key players urging legislators to vote no. FreedomWorks, Club for Growth and Heritage Action - the Heritage Foundation's sister advocacy organization - have all issued "key...
Time to drag out that trusty old GOP tradition -- the circular firing squad. Yeah, boy! Lets have a big fist fight among ourselves and make sure we're not speaking to each other next month when we need to be united against the debt ceiling hike. Wait -- I've got an idea -- How about we just fire Speaker Bonehead, who thought up this idiotic fiscal cliff deal in the first place, and MOVE ON? If we can find a Speaker with any guts, next month we can shut down BO once and for all on the debt ceiling and WE DONT EVEN NEED A SINGLE VOTE TO DO IT! JUST SAY NO!!! BO can't destroy U.S. without OUR MONEY!
Just two hours into 2013, the Senate held an emergency roll call vote on a fiscal cliff plan concocted by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Vice President Joe Biden. The legislation passed overwhelmingly by a vote of 89-8, but key fiscal conservatives stalwarts like Sens. Rand Paul, Mike Lee, and Marco Rubio lined up in opposition.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 46 minutes ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 4 hours ago