Statistical Frauds

Harrison Bergeron Wrote: Apr 15, 2014 7:44 AM
And when Fox asked the Regime why the females on the president's staff make only 80% of the salary of the males, Jay Carney used the exact same explanations as Sowell does above -- and then IN THE SAME PRESS CONFERENCE went on to decry the "77% salary disparity" for women everywhere else. This is the most "transparent" administration in history, after all -- transparent deceitful, transparently hypocritical, transparently self-serving, transparently incompetent...

Going On a Drone Hunt

Harrison Bergeron Wrote: Apr 14, 2014 3:19 PM
Incorrect. Only the terminal airspace (Usually about 5 miles) is controlled to the ground. Otherwise, aircraft merely need a transponder squawking 1200 (anonymous) within 30 miles. Controlled airspace generally starts at 2000' AGL. And it's illegal for aircraft to operate below 1000' AGL over a populated area,

Going On a Drone Hunt

Harrison Bergeron Wrote: Apr 14, 2014 3:10 PM
In Texas, I don't know why I'd need a license to shoot down a drone encroaching on my own private property, any more than I need a license to shoot an intruder who comes in the front door. It's called the Castle Doctrine. Check your FAA regulations. Aircraft are not permitted to fly below 1000' AGL (Above Ground Level) over a populated area. It's private property. You can't shoot a manned aircraft that breaks that regulation, but the pilot will lose his ticket if he's low enough to make out his N-number. In this case, we're only talking about an RC model airplane, not a piloted aircraft. Nobody's safety is at risk except your own. I'd choose a shotgun loaded with duck shot for the job.

How to Assist Evil

Harrison Bergeron Wrote: Apr 11, 2014 5:57 PM
Hitler killed millions "for the greater good". His people elected him. They "chose their HOA". My point is, regardless of whether you're using democracy to kill your jewish neighbor or merely force him to mow his lawn, it's always the same justification -- "the greater good". And it's Republicans the same as Dumbopcrats. I say you can't throw stones at the guy with a plank in his eye until you remove the mote from your own. Which is why I refuse -- with great difficulty and personal expense in Houston TX, I might add -- to live in an HOA-controlled community. My neighbor may be a bum and hurt my property value. But he's a free man the same as I. It's called property rights. If I want to control his grass I need to buy it. There was a time when we were free men and understood that freedom means tolerance. If you ask me, the day it became acceptable for a man's neighbors to confiscate his property over the height of his lawn was the day America died. The day we elected a Keynan communist to be our "ruler" merely put an exclamation point on it.
From the Sayings of Bergeron: "The worst case scenario never happens. But second-worst is still pretty bad." As for as America's best days being ahead, you must first accept the premise that America still exists. America exists in 2014 in the same manner that Barone exists as a Republican -- in name only. America, as that peculiar nation of laws and free men governed by a Constitution, gasped its last breath in November 2012 when its people voluntarily chose as their RULER -- for the 2nd time -- a communist muslim from Kenya and Indonesia who rose to power promising them to fundamentally change America. Which he did.

The Talk Radio Party?

Harrison Bergeron Wrote: Apr 10, 2014 1:05 PM
Yes, They were elected and advanced the Dumbocrat agenda. Please explain how WE won? Nixon -- Lost the first war in our history, inflated the dollar to pay for it, applied wage and price controls to fail to solve it, disgraced himself with his megalomaniacal corruption and got run out of town on a rail, thereby giving us Carter who gave away the Panama canal, created the Dept of Ed., racheted up inflation to 20%, and disgraced the country to Iran. Bush 1 - Immediately discarded the gains of Reagan's "Voodoo Economics", expanded Carter's Dept of Ed, broke his only campaign promise to not raise taxes, fought a pointless war to defend Arabs against Arabs, and lost to a philandering moron from Arkansas who got impeached and failed to kill Bin Ladin when he had him in his sights. Bush 2 - Re-fought his Dad's war, and lost the peace again, expanded Dept of Ed again, "No child left behind", Medicare Part B, created the Dept of Homeland Security, and grandmothers and infants have been surrendering their nail clippers and formula at the airport ever since. Those are your so-called Republican "winners". When you elect a Dumbocrat, we all lose, even when he has an "R" after his name.

The Talk Radio Party?

Harrison Bergeron Wrote: Apr 10, 2014 9:14 AM
Well, I'll admit I couldn't be there. I was on duty repairing nuclear bombers at the #3 nuclear target in the US. But I remember the fight to get him there -- both attempts -- fighting Bush's "voodoo economics" nonsense and GOP robots like you all the way. You may have had the sense to leap in front of the parade at the last minute, but if you think that list of 20th century GOP bozos represents what Reagan stood for, you should know we didn't need your vote to elect Reagan. And we could do it again if we could just get the GOP out of the way again.

The Talk Radio Party?

Harrison Bergeron Wrote: Apr 10, 2014 8:25 AM
Good point, Michael. Those dumb Tea Party guys just can't seem to find candidates like all those great GOP picks of the past -- Nixon, Ford, Bush, Dole, Bush, Bush, McCain, Romney... and now back by unpopular demand -- BUSH! You'll notice that there's not a single conservative in that entire 46-year string of losers. And you'll also notice that the only Republican President who ever made the slightest difference in the past 46 years was the one NOT on that list. You might remember that guy. The GOP establishment fought him tooth and nail, but he won election anyway because for once in their lives, the "grass roots" Republicans quit listening to the establishment's "electable" argument and just voted their conscience. You might remember that guy -- it was YOUR DAD, Ronald Reagan.

How to Assist Evil

Harrison Bergeron Wrote: Apr 09, 2014 8:40 AM
No, they'd just confiscate your home. Can't have a little thing like private property getting in the way of the "greater good".

How to Assist Evil

Harrison Bergeron Wrote: Apr 09, 2014 8:11 AM
100,000,000 dead in the cause of the "greater good". When you see where it ends, you shake your head. But you still gladly pay your HOA to force your neighbor to mow his grass to the prescribed height. Can't have some miscreant ruining the property values for everyone, can we?
Bush again? Repeat after me: "All my future WASTED votes will be Libertarian!"