Well, that certainly excuses everything! They whipped men instead of paying them, but they didn't actually hate them, right? Well, all is forgiven!
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 21 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014