Well, that certainly excuses everything! They whipped men instead of paying them, but they didn't actually hate them, right? Well, all is forgiven!
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- ABC: Democrats privately admit ObamaCare is “political poison” Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 58 minutes ago
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? jeffdunetz 1 hour ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 2 hours ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 3 hours ago