As a libertarian perhaps you should study your history. The SOUTH started the Civil War at Fort Sumter. To our eternal shame, even Lincoln could not summon the courage to end the barbaric practice of slavery until we were fired upon first. Killing and destruction is far less repugnant than a nation founded on liberty that will tolerate one human owning another.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago