As a libertarian perhaps you should study your history. The SOUTH started the Civil War at Fort Sumter. To our eternal shame, even Lincoln could not summon the courage to end the barbaric practice of slavery until we were fired upon first. Killing and destruction is far less repugnant than a nation founded on liberty that will tolerate one human owning another.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 8 hours ago