Secession was never the issue. Of course, any state has the right to secede. But not simply so that they can continue to violate the personal liberty of its citizens. America had an obligation to invade the South to end the barbaric practice of slavery, whether it was a foreign country or not. After it was beaten, it was re-absorbed. To the victor goes the spoils.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 12 hours ago