Defining Life

Harold206 Wrote: Jul 23, 2014 9:18 AM
All of this "theorizing" is petty and ignorant... The issue is quite simple to resolve. Just ask any pregnant woman whether or not she has a life inside her - especially in the second or third trimester when the kicking and movements are constant - and the answer will be something like, "You better believe it!" Then ask her if she can control the movement of that life inside her. I'll bet she will say she wishes she could when it kicks her at 3 AM and wakes her from a sound sleep. That we measure our lives from the date of our birth is really arbitrary, because we are all truly "alive" from the moment of conception, and all of us are approximately nine months old when we emerge through the birth canal. Prove me wrong if you can!

Rand Paul and the Gutless Generation

Harold206 Wrote: Jul 14, 2014 12:47 PM
It would be easy to reduce or deplete our nuclear capability if you do it from the inside like the present administration is doing. Just divert the defense money to "humanitarian causes" like those millions of kids swarming across our southern border, and pretty soon there won't be any defense capability left. Yes, that is the fifth column!

Rand Paul and the Gutless Generation

Harold206 Wrote: Jul 14, 2014 12:38 PM
We can debate about which current Republican or Libertarian would be our best candidate in 2016, but as long as we allow the main-stream-media to set the stage and select our candidates for us by their crafty innuendo and outright lies, we'll never see the end of Democrat presidents and Democrat controlled Congresses. (Even with a majority in the House, we still cannot get anything through the Senate with Harry Reid selectively blocking bills he doesn't like.)
I heard today on talk radio that 80% of the children who have entered our country illegally have already been placed with relatives here. Now, if that is in fact true, how did the government locate all those "relatives" so quickly? I suspect that, if there is any truth to the story, those "relatives" may actually be child abusers or even child traffickers. It is open season for little sex slaves in America and God help us, or rather, in the words of that infamous minister, "Godd*mn America" for facilitating these criminals. The NYT published an article last week about the protest in Murrieta, CA under the byline of Monica almeida, wherein she referred to the bus passengers as "...those mothers and children." That is false, as their mothers didn't come here with them and she knows that. They were the escorts the government hired earlier this year to accompany the minor children illegally crossing our border.

Best News Ever: Obama is Worst Ever!

Harold206 Wrote: Jul 07, 2014 8:54 AM
Here we go again, John. How about either replacing or removing the offending comma in this paragraph/sentence? "One thing that I have noticed about politicians is as they, rise they become more and more just a caricature of themselves, often forgetting who they really were to begin with." May I suggest that, if you must use the comma twice, you place it between the words is and as, instead of between they and rise. It makes the sentence so much smoother and doesn't jarringly break the train of thought it is supposed to invoke.

The Intellectual Poverty Law Center

Harold206 Wrote: Jul 07, 2014 8:41 AM
Mike, I always read your column first and I usually agree with what you write. Today there is a rare exception. You wrote: "In reality, hate speech is simply speech that liberals hate because they lack the intelligence required to offer a rebuttal." You seem to equate liberals with low intelligence, yet I have a sister and my own son who are both highly educated with Phd degrees, and they are both liberals. I have tried to reason with them, but dit only leads to dissention and bad feelings. I love them both, and I'm sure they love me, but we just agree to disagree. I contend that intelligence has nothing to do with how liberals frame their arguments and opinions on matters of politics and religion. I truly believe that brainwashing is taking place in our education institutions, and especially in those of post-graduate level learning. It is difficult, if not impossible to erase and revise that kind of education..

For Love of Country, Impeach Obama

Harold206 Wrote: Jun 13, 2014 7:05 PM
I would agree that Obama should be impeached, but think about the outcome of a guilty verdict ... Do you REALLY want Joe Biden as your president?
At any other time in history, Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl would be standing in front of a firing squad by now awaiting his blindfold and piece of lead to end his miserable life. Maybe a few of those in Washington who cover for him need to be up there, too.

Horton Hears the Who

Harold206 Wrote: Jun 02, 2014 9:07 AM
Was Doctor Seuss really that prescient when he used the name 'Horton'? Great column, Mike, and a good Monday laugh.
IMHO, with Perdue and Kingston the winners for the runoff, we may as well give the election to Michelle Nunn. Neither one will beat her, and they both have baggage that was already exploited in the primary with all the dirty politics that were run in the media. The Dems are sure to continue with that line of dirt.
Such vitriol for Ba-ba Wa-wa! Well, at least we won't be seeing as much of the Wicked Witch on TV anymore. Maybe she'll take the hint from Andy Rooney and kick off next week.