Best News Ever: Obama is Worst Ever!

Harold206 Wrote: Jul 07, 2014 8:54 AM
Here we go again, John. How about either replacing or removing the offending comma in this paragraph/sentence? "One thing that I have noticed about politicians is as they, rise they become more and more just a caricature of themselves, often forgetting who they really were to begin with." May I suggest that, if you must use the comma twice, you place it between the words is and as, instead of between they and rise. It makes the sentence so much smoother and doesn't jarringly break the train of thought it is supposed to invoke.

The Intellectual Poverty Law Center

Harold206 Wrote: Jul 07, 2014 8:41 AM
Mike, I always read your column first and I usually agree with what you write. Today there is a rare exception. You wrote: "In reality, hate speech is simply speech that liberals hate because they lack the intelligence required to offer a rebuttal." You seem to equate liberals with low intelligence, yet I have a sister and my own son who are both highly educated with Phd degrees, and they are both liberals. I have tried to reason with them, but dit only leads to dissention and bad feelings. I love them both, and I'm sure they love me, but we just agree to disagree. I contend that intelligence has nothing to do with how liberals frame their arguments and opinions on matters of politics and religion. I truly believe that brainwashing is taking place in our education institutions, and especially in those of post-graduate level learning. It is difficult, if not impossible to erase and revise that kind of education..

For Love of Country, Impeach Obama

Harold206 Wrote: Jun 13, 2014 7:05 PM
I would agree that Obama should be impeached, but think about the outcome of a guilty verdict ... Do you REALLY want Joe Biden as your president?
At any other time in history, Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl would be standing in front of a firing squad by now awaiting his blindfold and piece of lead to end his miserable life. Maybe a few of those in Washington who cover for him need to be up there, too.

Horton Hears the Who

Harold206 Wrote: Jun 02, 2014 9:07 AM
Was Doctor Seuss really that prescient when he used the name 'Horton'? Great column, Mike, and a good Monday laugh.
IMHO, with Perdue and Kingston the winners for the runoff, we may as well give the election to Michelle Nunn. Neither one will beat her, and they both have baggage that was already exploited in the primary with all the dirty politics that were run in the media. The Dems are sure to continue with that line of dirt.
Such vitriol for Ba-ba Wa-wa! Well, at least we won't be seeing as much of the Wicked Witch on TV anymore. Maybe she'll take the hint from Andy Rooney and kick off next week.

The White House's Cover-up of Benghazi

Harold206 Wrote: May 13, 2014 5:39 PM
It might have already been covered in prior posts, but I want to make sure everyone knows how the pro-Obama media is still spinning the "facts." http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/12/eleanor-clift-ambassador-christopher-stevens-was-not-murdered-in-benghazi/

Settled Science Brakes Into Cold Sweat

Harold206 Wrote: May 12, 2014 3:49 PM
Back on topic... There is a long string below - started by good old ericynot - about the human factors in "climate change." What I fail to see in that entire string of posts is any questioning of how much control man has over climate and/or earth cycles. IMHO, we are arrogant newcomers to a world that has gone through many climate changes through time, and always manages to keep on going. We have very little effect on the overall health of this planet, but it does make for good science fiction.

Settled Science Brakes Into Cold Sweat

Harold206 Wrote: May 12, 2014 3:41 PM
Unless it was intended as a play on words, John, and I fail to read that into the text, you have once again succeeded in using the wrong word in your title for the piece. I believe that what you were going for was "...B-R-E-A-K-S into cold sweat," instead of the homonym for that word, B-R-A-K-E-S. Can't TH afford a proof reader, or at least a spell-checker?
Regarding math, we could improve learning immeasurably by removing the "new math" from grade school curriculum and getting back to the basic "3-'rs." I believe that new math is a large part of Common Core, and it has produced several generations of people who cannot perform even the basic skills in math. Common core is nothing more than dumbing down the students to a common denominator and it won't ever replace discipline and study.