Playing with Constitutional Fire

Harold206 Wrote: Nov 20, 2014 9:06 AM
Let's hope and pray that it doesn't come down to the remedy suggested in the last paragraph in this column. Impeachment, even if successfully executed, would give us a new president, Joseph Biden, and he has demonstrated to me that he is a full-fledged psychopath. I shudder to think of the damage he might do to America. it could be even worse than what Obama has already done.
Jeez, Emmett, don't give them ideas... Seriously, what is really needed is legislation, which has been proposed before this, that all law must be written in ten pages or less with absolutely no off-topic additions or codicils, and legislators must be given at least 72 hours to read and debate the bill before it is voted on.

The Obamacare Moat

Harold206 Wrote: Nov 20, 2014 8:43 AM
Good analogy Rick, and we are already seeing some of the effects of Obamacare in reduced personnel and services, higher prices for all goods, including food, and less spendable income due to all the part-time jobs and cuts in hours for full-time workers. Comp claims always result in higher prices for consumers and less benefits for employees.

Racial Quota Punishment

Harold206 Wrote: Nov 18, 2014 3:52 PM
You must be from Kansas City... They tried that twenty years ago under Emanuel Cleaver.
This is another poorly written column. I Have trouble getting interested in the topic when the first few paragraphs begin with extra words and double negatives in the same sentence. Some sentences make no sense. Do you really have an editor? Does he ever actually read these?
I read the posts below and I don't want to join the thread that NRMLUNIT started, but I do want to ask if that person is citing actual facts. Since Walmart's HC plan is a voluntary, employee-paid plan, why would those working less than 30 hours not be able to participate? it doesn't cost the company anything and it adds to the pool of insured workers, which I believe lowers costs of the insurance.

Ebola Widow Gets Social Security

Harold206 Wrote: Nov 13, 2014 11:20 AM
John, why are you targeting Kansas City? Are they the only office that is investigating and prosecuting offenders? The fraud must be rampant throughout the country. And why is it that all government programs invite and encourage fraud? Are they maybe too big to police?

The Double Standard of Gas Prices

Harold206 Wrote: Nov 11, 2014 7:38 AM
Wow! only 6 comments, and mine makes it seven... I've used GasBuddy for years, and I'm a road tripper. I figure it has saved me hundreds, if not thousands of dollars since I discovered it. Only one caution: It isn't as effective in your hometown if you have to drive 15-20 miles or more to save a nickel-per-gallon. If it's on your way, it's worth it. Otherwise the gas used to get there makes it a tradeoff or a loser proposition.

Why Mark Begich is Refusing to Concede

Harold206 Wrote: Nov 09, 2014 9:41 AM
No, Jakota, they ALL need to be (D) plus 1.
Wait a minute... I did go back and read the whole column, and watched that kooky video. Great laugh here! BTW - isn't George Jefferson the guy who had that TV show back in the last century? Was he really one of the founding fathers too? Okay Doug, you're forgiven, but please stay away from those liberal hangouts in the future. They'll warp your mind.