What Drives Anti-Fracking Zealots?

Harold206 Wrote: 17 hours ago (12:58 PM)
I disagree with the poster who calls itself jleonard. Estimates are just that and are always subject to revision. And since virtually every estimate I've ever seen has been revised, the 30 to 80 year estimate cited is just a wild guess. Oil and gas reserves have consistently been far lower than experience has proved, and there is some credence to the theory that these are actually a renewable resource. Oh, and fracking has been in use for over 100 years with no proven contamination. We refer to the modern "horizontal" methods, but vertical fracturing was practiced before 1900.

Prayers and Preparation

Harold206 Wrote: Sep 18, 2014 4:17 PM
Looks like Richard 2666 stepped in something down there.

Prayers and Preparation

Harold206 Wrote: Sep 18, 2014 4:14 PM
You know what they say: "99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name." It's kind of like politicians and car salesmen, you know.
BTW - I am not posting in favor of global warming advocacy, and I definitely believe that all the hoopla about CFCs and other supposedly "harmful" chemicals is pure bushwa!
Since we're discussing and debating temperatures and volumes in water, let me give you an example you can observe. We have two hummingbird feeders, one in direct sunlight and the other more shaded. The former looks empty when it is heated during the day, while the latter, with an equal volume of liquid, has 1-2 inches of liquid visible in the clear part above the feeders. As soon as the sun goes down, both return to the same level. Would you say temperature has something to do with that phenomenon? And we're not even talking about frozen liquid!
Mike, I loved the way you worded your refusal, and i agree with your choice of the alternate Hell, but I submit that there is a second alternate in the same state - Columbus. I drive 100 miles out of my way to avoid that hellhole and the asinine, and sometimes drunk drivers who have ruined road trips for me.
After watching "Thirteen Hours at Benghazi" last night on a delayed DVR recording, this dovetails with what the three survivors said, too. There were three separate orders to the would-be rescuers less than a mile from the compound to "Stand down" when they could have intervened before events got out of control. Those orders came directly from the State Department to the Head-of Station at Benghazi. Our Freaking government is a world wide JOKE!!!

Why Ezra Klein is an Idiot

Harold206 Wrote: Sep 15, 2014 10:26 PM
Sorry about that... INCOMPREHENSIBLE is the word I was going for, but then, there is no spell checker for posts, either, and I wish there were one.

Why Ezra Klein is an Idiot

Harold206 Wrote: Sep 15, 2014 6:24 PM
Whether or not you read it is moot. You cannot parse it enough to make any sense of it, anyway. Those who have read it misinterpret it ten ways for Sunday. It is, in a word, INCOMPRENSIBLE!

Why Ezra Klein is an Idiot

Harold206 Wrote: Sep 15, 2014 6:19 PM
How about the "...poorly though-out legislation..."? Wouldn't that read better and be clearer as poorly thought-out legislation?