Another Snow Job

Harold206 Wrote: 16 hours ago (11:55 AM)
Joe, there's a big difference between 'being prepared' and 'declaration of emergency' prior to any actual emergency situation. In the case in point, it amounted to hundreds of millions of dollars in wasted funds and cancelled events and flights. The 'climate change' crowd have become obsessed with the lies and have propagated so many that they will believe anything that supports the cause.

Random Thoughts

Harold206 Wrote: Jan 27, 2015 7:47 AM
Once again, Mr. Sowell mirrors my musings, but he does it so much more eloquently. There is two omissions, I believe: After the measles vaccine/autism connection was debunked, there was never any publicity equal to that which announced the hoax in the first place. Many parents never heard "...the rest of the story", as the late Paul Harvey used to say. There is evidence that the resurgence of measles (and other diseases) is a direct result of the lax immigration policies of the Obama Administration. What did we expect from policies that allow unrestricted border crossings and even assistance with transporting young, unvaccinated children to the USA?

The Three Amigos of GOP Defeat in 2016

Harold206 Wrote: Jan 18, 2015 9:58 AM
My wife and I have also quit the GOP and I no longer respond to anything having to do with the party. Unless we are able to make the Establishment politicos in Washington listen to the rank and file Republican voters, there is no reason for going to the Voting booth anymore.
This column could qualify as a stand-alone primer for families with children ready to go to college. I wonder if those colleges and universities with "Studies" in the titles of their courses are also the ones with those astronomical tuition fees. I can't picture the small community college offering the multicultural courses.

Mitt Who?

Harold206 Wrote: Jan 11, 2015 10:15 AM
I totally disagree with DrRoy. About the need for two incomes. My wife only worked while I was in college, after which I was the sole support for our family of four. I retired twenty years ago, have lived comfortably with my wife, and my net worth is more today than a was in 1994. Living within your means is the key to it all.
Ooh, you misogynist! How about taking the vote away from those non-productive members of our society? If you don't pay taxes, you don't get a vote. In other words, representation requires participation.

The 'Equality' Racket

Harold206 Wrote: Jan 06, 2015 4:32 PM
Tibby and Darby... Grade redistribution takes place every time a minority student is given preference for a place in a particular college or, more so when a scholarship is awarded to that minority student who is not as academically qualified as others competing for it.

It's Always A Shock

Harold206 Wrote: Jan 06, 2015 9:19 AM
Careful there, Scott. You're putting yourself in the crosshairs. Homeland Security (a.k.a. Big Brother) is watching.
IDIOT!!!

Up-Lyft-ing Xmas Tale

Harold206 Wrote: Dec 24, 2014 10:25 AM
Reading through the posts below, I think most are ignoring the obvious. The risk is mostly offset by the fact that both driver and passenger are fully traceable; the driver through his Uber contact and the passenger through the credit card used to pay for the ride. No cash is involved, so theft risk is minimal anyway.