The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
We've stayed too long.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago