Anti-Christian groups such as the ACLU and the Democrat party cite Jefferson as the person pushing for the separation of church and state. They won't tell you, and probably will deny it, that during his presidency, church was held in the Capitol Building and that was where he attended church.
How do you suppose the courts would view a letter from a teacher to her students ending with the wording, “I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common Father and Creator of man”? A little awkward for 21st Century English, but this is how Thomas Jefferson ended a letter that he wrote in January of 1802. Was Jefferson acting in violation of the U.S. Constitution by...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014