Anti-Christian groups such as the ACLU and the Democrat party cite Jefferson as the person pushing for the separation of church and state. They won't tell you, and probably will deny it, that during his presidency, church was held in the Capitol Building and that was where he attended church.
How do you suppose the courts would view a letter from a teacher to her students ending with the wording, “I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common Father and Creator of man”? A little awkward for 21st Century English, but this is how Thomas Jefferson ended a letter that he wrote in January of 1802. Was Jefferson acting in violation of the U.S. Constitution by...
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 4 minutes ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago