Anti-Christian groups such as the ACLU and the Democrat party cite Jefferson as the person pushing for the separation of church and state. They won't tell you, and probably will deny it, that during his presidency, church was held in the Capitol Building and that was where he attended church.
How do you suppose the courts would view a letter from a teacher to her students ending with the wording, “I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common Father and Creator of man”? A little awkward for 21st Century English, but this is how Thomas Jefferson ended a letter that he wrote in January of 1802. Was Jefferson acting in violation of the U.S. Constitution by...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 9 hours ago