Last week, another Republican congressman, Howard Coble of North Carolina, agreed that "it's more of a mental health problem than a gun problem right now." And last Friday, when the National Rifle Association broke its silence on the Sandy Hook massacre, the group's executive vice president, Wayne LaPierre, called for "an active national database of...
How do you determine who is unbalanced? You can't really trust psychiatrists to give accurate evaluations. They can be motivated by personal beliefs. Here's an example. Several years ago a psychiatrist ruled that a man he met was unbalanced. How did he determine that. The man was a devout Christian and attended church every Sunday and taught Sunday school and was very active in his church. He was not a fanatic about his religion, and didn't go around trying to force his religion on others. But, that fact that he was a devout Christian, in the eyes of this psychiatrist, this guy was unbalanced he wanted him committed.
The day of Adam Lanza's murderous assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School, Mike Rogers said stricter gun control would not be an appropriate response. "The more realistic discussion," said the Republican congressman from Michigan, "is how do we target people with mental illness who use firearms?"
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 47 mins ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Hillary: After weeks of criticism, I have decided I do have an opinion on Ferguson Noah Rothman 4 hours ago