Last week, another Republican congressman, Howard Coble of North Carolina, agreed that "it's more of a mental health problem than a gun problem right now." And last Friday, when the National Rifle Association broke its silence on the Sandy Hook massacre, the group's executive vice president, Wayne LaPierre, called for "an active national database of...
How do you determine who is unbalanced? You can't really trust psychiatrists to give accurate evaluations. They can be motivated by personal beliefs. Here's an example. Several years ago a psychiatrist ruled that a man he met was unbalanced. How did he determine that. The man was a devout Christian and attended church every Sunday and taught Sunday school and was very active in his church. He was not a fanatic about his religion, and didn't go around trying to force his religion on others. But, that fact that he was a devout Christian, in the eyes of this psychiatrist, this guy was unbalanced he wanted him committed.
The day of Adam Lanza's murderous assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School, Mike Rogers said stricter gun control would not be an appropriate response. "The more realistic discussion," said the Republican congressman from Michigan, "is how do we target people with mental illness who use firearms?"
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 5 hours ago