California has been at the forefront of ObamaCare implementation, but state lawmakers are facing a major obstacle: There aren’t enough doctors in the state to treat the expected influx of newly-insured patients.
A government council has recommended a physician-to-population ratio of 60 to 80 primary care doctors per 100,000 residents. Only 16 of California’s 58 counties reach this recommended supply of primary care physicians.
With ObamaCare, it’s only going to get worse.
- Israel takes out three top Hamas commanders after cease-fire violation Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- Scarborough: Golfing after that statement on ISIS shows terrorists that Obama’s one cold bastard Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Sen. Rob Portman, Michael Caspino Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- That ISIS guy who promised to raise Islamic flag over the White House? He’s dead Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Remembering James Foley and his work Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NY Daily News cover blasts Obama for vacation return after Foley murder Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago