There's nothing intellectually challenging or unusual about poverty. For most of mankind's existence, his most optimistic scenario was to be able to eke out enough to subsist...
Here's a recent statement frequently suggested by leftist academics, think tank researchers and policymakers: "People were not just struggling because of their personal deficiencies. There were structural factors at play. People weren't poor because they made bad decisions. They were poor because our society creates poverty." Who made that statement and where it was made is not important at all, but its corrosive effects on the minds of black people, particularly black youths, are devastating.
- Lerner speaks! (To Politico) Ed Morrissey 13 mins ago
- Panetta: Obama’s bad decisions on Syria and Iraq led to rise of ISIS Noah Rothman 53 mins ago
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 16 hours ago