No, that would really create gridlock. Any day tha Congress fails to act is another day that the rest of my wallet is safe. Take it to 300,000. It would be workable and a more true representation of the people, which the House do Representatives is supposed to be.
Former Vice President Al Gore recently expressed his newly developed opinion that the United States should dispense with the Electoral College formula for choosing the President and Vice President. Of course, this complex and enduring practice gets beat up every four years. It seems a bit convoluted, especially when considering that Americans will someday be able to cast their votes on a mobile device.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 6 hours ago