Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
The War of 1861-1865 was a war about the Union. Slavery was a side issue. The Emancipation Proclamation was not issue until late 1863 and freed NO slaves in the South. In the South, most people did not own slaves (look it up). There were black slave owners (again, look it up). Most slaves were owned by large, land owning families that resemble today's corporate farms. After the invention of the cotton gin provided a cheap, efficient alternative to cleaning cotton seeds out of the cotton bolls, slavery was on its' way to self destruction as it was no longer economically feasible. The North started "The War of Northen Agression" crushing the South economically and setting race relations back 150 years.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 10 hours ago