On CNBC last night, I participated in a discussion about America's debt and debt ceiling problems -- which are inextricably linked, despite the Left's bizarre insistence that they're two separate and distinct issues. I made the overtly partisan statement that Republicans are the only political actors in Washington who are even remotely serious about dealing with the debt crisis -- and the Democrat on the panel seemed determined to prove me right. Most of the fireworks came toward the end of the exchange, when Democratic strategist Mark Hannah decided to go the full hack. He began by attacking House Republicans...
How many slaves did James Madison own? John Hancock? Both founding fathers and neither was a slave owner. Most of the founding fathers did not own slaves. Your remark is an attempt to rewrite history amd make our founding fathers and Constitution irrelevant in the face of your freedom stifling agenda. Nice try. Come back when you have an idea on solving the spending problems.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 11 hours ago