On CNBC last night, I participated in a discussion about America's debt and debt ceiling problems -- which are inextricably linked, despite the Left's bizarre insistence that they're two separate and distinct issues. I made the overtly partisan statement that Republicans are the only political actors in Washington who are even remotely serious about dealing with the debt crisis -- and the Democrat on the panel seemed determined to prove me right. Most of the fireworks came toward the end of the exchange, when Democratic strategist Mark Hannah decided to go the full hack. He began by attacking House Republicans...
How many slaves did James Madison own? John Hancock? Both founding fathers and neither was a slave owner. Most of the founding fathers did not own slaves. Your remark is an attempt to rewrite history amd make our founding fathers and Constitution irrelevant in the face of your freedom stifling agenda. Nice try. Come back when you have an idea on solving the spending problems.
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 20 mins ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 59 mins ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 3 hours ago