A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
Jerry, smh, you have no evidence to link that to. You guys really need to stop buying into your own caricatures - not dealing with what is known and what is real is how the GOP lost. Stop doing that. Deal with what's really out in the world. You mount a more effective political defense that way (as a party).
- Trey Gowdy on Obama’s power grabs: “How does going from being a senator to a president re-write the Constitution?” Allahpundit 31 minutes ago
- Video: Criminal probe opening in GM recall? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jolly win has Dems worried about ObamaCare … messaging Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- McClatchy: White House hiding 9,000 documents from Senate probe of CIA Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago